GREENSBORO – The streets of downtown will be closed to vehicular traffic for the Festival of Lights on Friday and the Holiday Parade on Saturday.
Drivers should avoid the following areas:
• Davie Street from Friendly Avenue to Abe Brenner Place: noon-11pm
• Elm Street from Friendly Avenue to Lewis Street: 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
• McGee Street from Greene Street to Davie Street: 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
• Market Street from Greene Street to Church Street: 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
• Friendly Avenue from Church Street to Elm Street: 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Composition of the parade: 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Greene Street from Lindsay Street to Fisher Avenue.
• Fisher Avenue / Murrow Boulevard from Greene Street to Lindsay Street.
• Battleground Avenue from Smith Street to Greene Street.
• Paisley Street from Smith Street to Lindsay Street.
Parade route: 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.