The following parishes informed the Catholic Mail of their Lenten activities.
• St. Peter’s Parish in Clifton Springs/Phelps/Shortsville will present Stations of the Cross on Lenten Fridays: March 4 at 5 pm at St. Dominic’s Church in Shortsville, followed by a soup dinner; March 11 at 3 p.m. at St. Felix in Clifton Springs; March 18 at 5 p.m. at St. Francis Church in Phelps, followed by a soup dinner; March 25 at 3 p.m. in Saint-Félix; April 1 at 5 p.m. in Saint-Dominique, followed by a soup supper; and April 8 at 3 p.m. in Saint-Félix. On March 19 at 4 p.m., there will be a mass in Saint-Dominique for the solemnity of Saint-Joseph, followed by dinner and a celebration at the Table Saint-Joseph.
• St. Benedict Parish in Canandaigua and East Bloomfield offers book discussion groups on various dates. To visit https://stbenedictonline.org/lenten-discussion-groups for more information.
• St. Psomething for victor will have Eucharistic adoration from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. on March 11, 23 and April 4. be from March 13 to 15 at 7 p.m.
• Saint Alphonsus in Auburn is participating in a project called 40 Cans for 40 Days. Parish families are invited to donate 40 cans during Lent which will be distributed to the less fortunate in the community.
• Saint John the Evangelist in Greece will offer fish fries to take away from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Lenten Fridays. The Stations of the Cross will take place on Wednesdays of Lent after Mass at 8:15 a.m. from March 9 and on Fridays of Lent at 5:30 p.m. from March 4. A retreat will take place on Wednesdays of Lent from 6-7 p.m. on topics such as forgiveness and healing. . Call 585-225-8980 for more information.
• St. Kateri Parish in Irondequoit will have a Quiet Time in Prayer at 7 p.m. on Tuesdays in March and a Stations of the Cross at 7 p.m. on Fridays in Lent at Christ the King Church.
• Saint Monica in Rochester will have adoration on Lenten Saturdays from 3-4 p.m. before the 4 p.m. Mass.
• Immaculate Conception/St. Brigitte in Rochester will have Stations of the Cross on Lenten Fridays at 6 p.m.
• AT Saint Christopher in northern Chile, the Stations of the Cross will be recited on Lenten Fridays at 7:00 p.m. and there will be a living station on Good Friday at 7:30 p.m.
• St. Paul at Webster presents a series of Lenten reflections with guest speakers at 6:30 p.m. on March 3 (Baptism and Confirmation with Sister Karen Dietz), 10 (The Beatitudes with Sister Laurie Orman), 24 (Eucharist with Father Robert Kennedy ) and 31 (the Nicene Creed with Christine Kvam). The series will conclude at 6:30 p.m. on April 6 with Stations of the Cross.
• St. Leo at Hilton will offer adoration from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesdays in Lent and the Stations of the Cross at 3 p.m. on Fridays in Lent.
• Fridays of Lent, St. Alban’s Catholic Churchwho venerates at Sainte-Cécile in Irondequoit, will have a soup supper and talk at 5:30 p.m., confession at 6:30 p.m., Stations of the Cross at 7 p.m., exposition of the Blessed Sacrament and adoration at 7:30 p.m., simple evening song at 7:45 p.m. and Blessing at 8 p.m.
• Saint Rita at Webster will be offering take-out fish fries from 5-6:30 p.m. on Lenten Fridays. Pre-orders and pre-payments are due before 6:00 p.m. on Thursday at www.stritawebster.org. A discussion about the book AWCheck out the Catholic Guide to Racism and Privilege by Father Daniel Horan will be at the church and via Zoom in Lent Wednesdays in March at 7:30 p.m. and Fridays March 11, 18, 25 and April 1 at the church at 9 a.m. A Taizé prayer service will be held on March 9 at 6:30 p.m.
• Fridays of Lent, Saint Louis in Pittsford will offer Adoration and Confession at 5 p.m. and the Stations of the Cross at 5:30 p.m. The St. Louis School Stations of the Cross will be at 1:30 p.m. on April 6. A blood drive will take place on Good Friday starting at 9 a.m. at 15h
• St. John of Rochester in Fairport, there will be a Stations of the Cross at 7 p.m. on Lenten Fridays and a Lenten family event on March 19 from 9 a.m. to noon.
• Our mother of sorrows and the holy cross in Greece and Rochester will present a mission on healing on March 23 at 2:30 p.m. at Mother of Sorrows and at 6:30 p.m. at Holy Cross. A reflection on the sacrament of the sick will take place on March 30 at 2:30 p.m. at the Mother of Sorrows and at 6:30 p.m. at Sainte-Croix. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will take place every Wednesday at Sainte-Croix from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• Holy Apostles in Rochester will offer a Bible study on the book of Ephesians. Bible study in English continues Thursdays at 6:30 p.m. until March 24. Spanish Bible study continues Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. through March 30. The Spanish community will have a Lenten retreat from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. March 12, with lunch served.
• Saint Catherine in Mendon and Church of the Transfiguration in Pittsford will have an evening prayer at the Transfiguration at 7 p.m. on March 7, 14 and 28 and April 4. A Lenten retreat with Joe Kelly will take place on March 21 and 23 at 7 p.m. at the Transfiguration and at 7 p.m. on March 22 at Sainte-Catherine. Sister Barbara Moore will offer scriptural reflections at 10 a.m. in Sainte-Catherine on March 12, 19, 26 and April 2. Maundy Thursday from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Good Friday from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
• Wednesdays of Lent from March 9 to April 6, Holy Spirit at Webster and Saint Joseph at Penfield will be offering a virtual Bible study of Romans via Zoom from 7-8:30 p.m. To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org. On Fridays, March 4 and April 15, the Holy Spirit will organize a soup supper at 6 p.m. and a Stations of the Cross at 7 p.m. Ann Sakmyster will take place at the Holy Spirit at 7 p.m. on April 4.
• Parish of All Saints in Corning will have a Bible study on “The Book of Hebrews and its Connection to the Sacred Liturgy” from 7-8 p.m. Wednesdays, March 9 through April 6. The Stations of the Cross will take place on Fridays at 11:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. from March 4 to April 8. Lenten meals will follow at 6 p.m. in the school gymnasium.
• immaculate conception in Ithaca will offer the Stations of the Cross at 6:30 p.m. on Fridays in Lent. The Holy Hours will take place on Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. before the 12:10 p.m. mass and the first Saturdays of each month at 3 p.m. The evening Holy Hours on Sundays of Lent from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. will be led by young adults.
• Every Friday of Lent from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m., Schuyler Catholic Community in Watkins Glen/Odessa will have a holy hour with adoration at St. Mary of the Lake in Watkins Glen.