Hello, Oak Park and River Forest! Let’s move on to the Daily for December 7.
Would you like to support local news in Oak Park-River Forest? Become a Patch Supporter for only $ 5 per month and help keep the Oak Park-River Forest Daily running, as well as other exclusive benefits. Click here to find out more.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day: Cloudy and cold. High: 25 Low: 24.
Here are the best stories today in Oak Park-River Forest:
1. Extracurricular activities will resume today at OPRF high school. Authorities overturned his decision to cancel all sports and clubs during the winter break. The Board of Education will hold a special meeting tonight to discuss new COVID-19 Mitigation who needs to be monitored in order to continue activities at the school, where at least 17 people tested positive for the virus at the end of last week. (OPRFHS)
2. Today marks the 80th anniversary of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Navy chaplain Cpt. Thomas L. Kirkpatrick was killed that day at Hawaii; he had been assistant pastor at Oak Park Presbyterian Church. (Paid source: Tribune)
3. From Oak Park Iman Shumpert took the “Dance with the Stars” mirror ball trophy back to his parents in River forest this week. In his first interview in his hometown since the show ended, the NBA The player said it would be “a dream come true” to join his beloved bulls. (ABC)
4. Barnard’s Schwinn owner Jeff hajduk credits her customers with helping the bike store bounce back after a drunk driver crashed into the store last month. Oak Park’s oldest family-owned business was able to reopen two weeks after the crash. (CNB)
5. The Oak Park River Forest Chamber of Commerce is offering residents “Shop Local” gift cards to support small businesses this holiday season. Recipients can use the cards in more than 45 OPRF companies, Hand bead To Whirlpool coffee company. (Bedroom)
Today’s Oak Park-River Forest Daily is brought to you in part by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does more than just doorbells: discover their full line of smart home products at Ring.com. And thank you ring for helping bring local news to Oak Park-River Forest!
Today in Oak Park-River Forest:
- Join the local cookbook author Emilie Pasteur and OPRF Museum crew member Fran Knechel to discuss “Dining Through the Decades”. (7:00 p.m..)
- Winter concert at College of Elm. (7:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- It’s “New Book Tuesday” at The book table. (Facebook)
- Discover the photos of the weekend Winter party and Cookie ride in downtown Oak Park. (Paid source: Oak leaves)
- Elevate creation is today organizing an “Online Shopping Party” for the benefit of the Oak Park Educational Foundation. (OPEF)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
That’s all for today, OPRF. Stay safe and see you tomorrow.
– Georgi presecky
I’ll see you back in your inbox tomorrow with another update. If you like these newsletters, consider bringing in some friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.