The holiday season has arrived and Christmas celebrations are taking place across the region this weekend.
Here are some of the events that take place:
- In Brenham, downtown Christmas Walk activities will kick off on Friday with the Jingle Bell Market at the Ant Street Inn from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. and the Farmer and Artisan Market on Baylor Street from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. There will also be a Christmas show with Gary Morris at the Barnhill Center at 7 p.m. On Saturday, Must Be Heaven will host Breakfast with Santa at 8 a.m. and 9 a.m., and shopping at the Jingle Bell Market will continue from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Local Girl Scouts will gather at the courthouse at 5 p.m. to sing Christmas carols and light the courthouse trees. The illuminated Christmas parade will begin at 6 p.m. Afterwards, kids can visit Santa Claus at the Courthouse Lookout and take rides in the Invader 1950 Fire Truck at the Brenham Fire Museum. Christmas with tuna will perform at the Unity Theater at 8 p.m. tomorrow and Saturday.
- Elsewhere in Brenham, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will have nativity scenes Friday and Saturday from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. More than 300 nativity scenes from around the world will be on display inside the church, located at 1400 Niebuhr Street, with a live nativity show outside. Music by local artists will be played at 7 p.m., and there will be nurseries and crafts for children.
- 39 from Bellvillee The annual Small Town Christmas Celebration begins Friday at 6 p.m. with the Small Town Christmas Parade lit up and the courthouse tree lit. Mini-Park activities will follow, in addition to a screening of the film “The Star” at 7:30 pm and a street dance with the Red Bulls at 8:00 pm. Saturday morning will start from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. with Lunch with Santa at Newman’s Bakery, followed by holiday shopping, music and entertainment in Courthouse Square and under the Jim Bishop pavilion. St. John’s Lutheran Church Retreat Center will be hosting a live drive-through nativity scene on Saturday and Sunday from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- The annual Fantasy of Lights Festival at Sealy begins Friday and continues through Sunday at Abe and Irene Levine Park. Activities start with a 5K Jingle Bell and 1K Fun Run, IBCA sanctioned baking, and a fantastic children’s play area. On Saturday there will be a gingerbread decorating contest, specialty kiosks, live performances in the park and the illuminated Christmas parade at 6 p.m.
- Round Top vacation activities begin at 10 a.m. on Saturdays with holiday shopping, followed by a tour of historic homes at 11 a.m. The stew will be served in the square at 4:30 p.m., and the illuminated Christmas parade floats will be judged at 5:45 p.m. The parade will begin at 6:45 p.m. on FM 1457, just past the Round Top Volunteer Fire Department.
- The 37 of the Carmine Chamber of Commercee The annual Christmas Festival is set for Sunday from 10 am to 4 pm at Carmine Hall with the theme “The Polar Express”. Homemade beef stew and burgers will be served from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., and kids can ride the Polar Express and see Santa from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. There will also be over 25 vendor kiosks for shopping.
KWHI and KTEX-106 will be on the move throughout the weekend. KTEX-106’s Tracey Lawless will be in Bellville on Friday night for the Small Town Christmas Parade, while Trail Boss Troy will be in Sealy on Saturday afternoon. Marshall Garrett will be in downtown Brenham for the tree lighting and Crystal Ray will be in the Christmas lighted parade.