Here are the 40 best country songs of January 2022 you need to check out
Chances are, one of the tracks on this list of the top 40 country songs for January 2022 will turn out to be the most played country song this year. Jason Aldean, Blake Shelton, Eric Church, Luke Bryan, and Luke Combs give us tunes that will surely stay etched in our heads for a little while – or maybe the rest of the year.
More Top 40 Countries: December 2021 | November 2021 | October 2021 | September 2021 | August 2021 | July 2021 | June 2021 | May 2021 | April 2021 | March 2021 |
Of course, there is Walker Hayes, who has been holding the top spot beautiful and strong for several months now, with his contagious hit “Fancy Like”. There’s also Taylor Swift, who is getting hits on both the country and pop radio charts just days after releasing her new album.
RELATED: Top 100 Country Songs Chart – 2022
Still, brand new ones, from Morgan Wallen to Kane Brown to Brett Eldredge, are graciously entering the monthly roster. Find out if your favorite songs were successful below.
1. Fantasy as by Walker Hayes
The irresistible song on Applebee’s, Wendy’s frostys and cheap date nights continues to rock the charts after its popularity skyrockets thanks to a viral TikTok video of Hayes and his daughter Lela doing a choreographed dance to the song “Fancy Like”.
2. Thinking ‘Bout You by Dustin Lynch with Lauren Alaina or Mackenzie Porter
After noticing the massive reaction of the country ballad during his concerts, Dustin Lynch decided to breathe new life into the song “Thinking ‘Bout You”. And there’s no better way to do it than to have Mackenzie Porter on board – the result is breathtaking.
3. Buy Jordan Davis’ Dirt with Luke Bryan
Jordan Davis and Luke Bryan receiving a CMA Award nomination for their collaboration with “Buy Dirt” came as no surprise. You will instantly become addicted to its overall message once you listen to it.
4. If I didn’t love you from Jason Aldean and Carrie Underwood
Jason Aldean and Carrie Underwood’s fiery new duo, “If I Didn’t Love You,” also climb to the top of the charts as the two powers perfectly capture the tension of a problematic relationship.
5. You should probably start from Chris Stapleton
Chris Stapleton’s bluesy and roots sensibility on “You Should Probably Leave” never fails to capture country radio. Plus, the storytelling that comes with a surprise twist towards the end of the lyrics is just amazing.
6. Choose a Christmas tree by Dan + Shay
It’s not hard to imagine that in the years to come, the Christmas season will begin immediately when we hear “Pick Out A Christmas Tree” from Dan + Shay. Our favorite duo bring flawless Christmas cheer.
seven. Whiskey and Rain by Michael Ray
We’ve got another classic breakup hymn to rip in your beer in town! It’s the perfect song to drown out your grief as the rain pours down heavily for you.
8. Sand in my Morgan Wallen boots
The nostalgic ballad of lost love puts Morgan Wallen back on top of the world. He quickly captures the hearts of country fans with his believable conversation that begins with meeting two people in the first verse and ending with the Ghost Man on the bridge.
9. Too Good (Taylor Version) by Taylor Swift
The extended version of Taylor Swift’s greatest song ranks # 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 song chart. “All Too Well” is accompanied by a dramatic and touching short film that definitely shed light on a specific emotional response in people who remember the song released during their teenage years.
ten. A Mississippi by Kane Brown
Kane Brown is counting the moments until the next heartbreak on “One Mississippi.” The song is indeed on the roller coaster of love.
11. Cold like you from Luke Combs
Meanwhile, Luke Combs serves up an icy breakout song with “Cold as You,” whose icy lyrics are a 100-proof country-rock sound.
12. Until you can’t Cody Johnson
Cody Johnson’s ability to sing your hat is fully on display as he inspires listeners to make the most of the time you spend with your loved ones while they are still there.
13. Being loved by you by Parker McCollum
Parker McCollum might just be a newcomer, but he’s proving he can bring a touch of freshness to an old-fashioned country theme with “To Be Loved By You”. McCollum definitely added some edge to a ballad that did me wrong.
14. Freedom Was a Highway by Jimmie Allen & Brad Paisley
Country stars Jimmie Allen and Brad Paisley have teamed up to give us the express way to happy nostalgia on their duet, “Freedom Was a Freeway.” The song is featured on Allen’s latest album, Bettie James Gold Edition.
15. Tequila Little Time by Jon Pardi
Jon Pardi wrote this alluring and upbeat song with Rhett Akins and Luke Laird. But what’s even cooler is that Pardi flew to Flora-Bama for her music video.
Here are some more hits to round off the Top 40 Country Songs of January 2022
- Heart on Fire by Eric Church
- Drunk (and I don’t want to come home) by Elle King & Miranda Lambert
- Half my hometown of Kelsea Ballerini and Kenny Chesney
- Do this by Luke Combs
- Beers on Me by Dierks Bentley, Breland & HARDY
- 23 by Sam Hunt
- Come Back Like a Country Boy by Blake Shelton
- I never wanted to be that Carly Pearce and Ashley McBryde girl
- Home Sweet by Russell Dickerson
- AA by Walker Hayes
- Give Heaven A Little Hell By Hardy
- I bet you think of me (Taylor version) from Taylor Swift with Chris Stapleton
- Never Say Never by Cole Swindell / Lainey Wilson
- If I were a cowboy by Miranda Lambert
- U Gurl by Walker Hayes
- Slow Down Summer by Thomas Rhett
- Ride the Lightning (717 cassettes) by Warren Zeiders
- Officially Christmas by Dan + Shay
- It’s because I’m from Callista Clark
- Take my name by Parmalee
- The Truth About You by Mitchell Tenpenny
- Wild Hearts by Keith Urban
- Getting Over Him by Lauren Alaina Duo with Jon Pardi
- Steal my love by Dan + Sha
- Best Thing Since Backroads by Jake Owen
So what do you think will soon be your favorite song of the year among the Top 40 Country Songs of January 2022?