Green Day releases live album with songs from 4 famous recording sessions
The green Day punk rockers from East Bay, Calif. Released their live album titled BBC Showtimes today, December 10. The sixteen-track album features songs from their 1994, 1996, 1998 and 2001 performances at the BBC’s Maida Vale Studios. This record is the first time that these recordings have been officially mastered and published.
The Grammy-winning trio of members Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt and Tré Cool were inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2015 for their impressive discography. The group is also credited with bringing punk rock to mainstream music, particularly with their 1994 album. Dookie. Now four songs from Dookie are included in this live BBC Showtimes album: “She”, “When I Come Around”, “Basket Case” and “2000 Light Years Away”.
In addition to the release of their latest album, Green Day has announced upcoming performances at the Shaky Knees and Innings festivals in addition to the end of their The Hella Mega tour in 2022.
Find out all the tour dates HERE.
Listen to Green Day BBC Sessions below.
BBC Showtimes Track list:
1. Elle (Live on the BBC 8 June 1994)
2. When I Come (Live on the BBC 8 June 1994)
3. Basket Case (Live on the BBC 8 June 1994)
4. 2000 light years (Live on the BBC 8 June 1994)
5. Geek Stink Breath (Live on BBC 3 November 1996)
6. Brain Stew / Jaded (Live on BBC 3 November 1996)
seven. Walking Contradiction (Live on BBC 3 November 1996)
8. Stuck With Me (Live on the BBC on November 3, 1996)
9. Hitchin ‘A Ride (Live on BBC 12 February 1998)
ten. Nice Guys Finish Last (Live on BBC 12 February 1998)
11. Prosthetic head (Live on the BBC 12 February 1998)
12. Redundant (Live on BBC 12 February 1998)
13. Castaway (Live on BBC August 28, 2001)
14. Church On Sunday (Live on BBC August 28, 2001)
15. Minority (Live on the BBC on August 28, 2001)
16. On Hold (Live on BBC August 28, 2001)
Photo by Pamela Littky / Warner Records