The Town of Ellwood Public Library offers a variety of weekly activities. Information is available by calling the library at 724-758-6458.
The library has partnered with Seneca Library District, Oil Creek Library District, Erie County Public Library, and Crawford County Federated Library System for eBooks. You can now use the Overdrive or Libby app. to borrow books from the above libraries. Please call the library with any questions.
The Library is open. Newspapers, magazines and toys will not be available at this time. Masks must be worn, covering mouth and nose, in the building throughout the visit. We will continue to do curbside pickup. Please call us with the recommended book(s), authors, genre or material you wish to view and our staff will see that it is alphabetically in the lobby for you. We always make our returns in specially marked containers in our hall. Please do not put donated books in these bins. 724-758-6458 is the number to call for inquiries.
Hours are Tuesday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Wednesday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Thursday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Friday 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Saturday 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Please remember that no one is available to take your calls unless it is during the hours indicated above.
Activities taking place this week include.
MONDAY MARCH 7
- 6:30 p.m. – “Classics Book Group”, will discuss the book “An Old Captivity” by Nevil Shute
TUESDAY MARCH 8
- 10:00 a.m. – “Baby Laptime,” a program for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers conducted via Facebook.
- 7:00 p.m. – “Twenty-something Book Group”, will discuss the book “The Last Wish” by Andrezej Sopkowski
THURSDAY MARCH 10
- 4:00 p.m. – “Food 4 Thought Book Group”, will discuss the book “Firelight” by Sophie Jordan
- 6:00 p.m. – “Family Laptime,” a program for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers conducted via Facebook.
SATURDAY MARCH 12
- 10:00 a.m. – “Stem Saturday”, pick up your packages in the lobby.
- 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – “Tamburitzan Tickets” one person will be available for you to purchase tickets for their show on March 27, 2022 at 3:00 p.m. in the Lincoln High School auditorium.
SAVE THIS DATE:
The Tamburitzans will perform at Lincoln High School on Sunday, March 27, 2022 at 3:00 p.m. There will be someone in the library for you to purchase and print tickets. They will be there on Saturday March 12, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and March 18, 2022 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Sign up for the monthly e-newsletter to keep up to date with all the programs and activities happening at the library.
Here are the commemorative contributions received by the library during the month of February. Theses are published on a weekly basis in this section and represent part of the contributions received.
- In Memory of Anna Marie Colavincenzo by Mark and Debbie Bellissimo, The DeNardo Family, Karen and Bill Donovan, Vincent J. Ferrese, Jim and Barb Gray
- In Memory of Shirley V. “Ma” Follett of the Allegheny Area Conference Churches of God, Joy Class of First Baptist Church of Orlando, The Squicqueros: Ang, Janice, Megan, Tyler, Kyleigh, Lloyd , Sarah and Jeff
- In memory of Walter Frederick “Jim” Horton of Ellwood City Chapter #212 Order of the Eastern Star
- In memory of JoAnn L. Minett by Steve and Teresa Gaydosz, Wayne, Lana and Mike Guthrie
- In Memory of Theresa Stelmach by Steve and Teresa Gaydosz
- In Honor of Susie and Freddie Mohrbacher’s Deloris Mohrbacher Jackson Birthday