The Ellwood Area Public Library offers a variety of weekly activities. Information is available by calling the library at 724-758-6458.
The library has partnered with Seneca Library District, Oil Creek Library District, Erie County Public Library, and Crawford County Federated Library System for e-books. You can now use the Overdrive or Libby app. to borrow books from the above libraries. Please call the library with any questions.
The library is open. Newspapers, magazines and toys will not be available at this time. Wearing a mask, covering the mouth and nose, is compulsory throughout the visit to the building. We will continue to do curbside pickup. Please call us with the recommended book (s), author, genre or material you wish to view and our staff will see that it is alphabetically in the lobby for you. We always make our returns in specially marked containers in our hall. Please do not put donated books in these bins. 724-758-6458 is the number to call for inquiries.
The hours are Tuesday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Remember that no one is available to take your calls unless it is at the times indicated above.
Activities taking place this week include.
TUESDAY DECEMBER 7
- 10:00 am – “Baby Laptime”, a program for babies, toddlers and preschoolers delivered via Facebook.
WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 8
- The first ornament kit is in the lobby for pickup.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 9
- 4:00 PM – “Food 4 Thought Book Group” will discuss “Life As We Knew It” by Susan Beth Pfeffer via Zoom.
- 6:00 pm “Holiday Laptime”, our laptime with all the books on the holiday theme! This program is done via our Facebook page.
Add some sparkle to your tree! The library will make two creations and collections of ornaments. The first kit will be in the lobby from December 8 and will stay there until the second starts on December 15. The second ornament kit will remain in the lobby until December 22. The kit includes everything you will need except glue and scissors.
Sign up for the monthly e-newsletter to stay up to date with all of the library’s programs and activities.
Here are the commemorative contributions received by the library during the month of November. The papers are published every week in this section and represent a part of the contributions received.
- In memory of Esther M. Allen from Peggy Householder
- In memory of Harold L. Cole of the Ellwood City Saxon Club
- In memory of Caroll Ann Copper of the First Baptist Church in New Castle, Thomas and Teresa Krukenberg, Dr. Douglas Lockawich and the staff
- In memory of Donald G. Covert of the Ellwood City Saxon Club
- In memory of Ronald W. Ehrenberg of the Ellwood City Saxon Club
- In memory of Freda L. Hudspath by Stephanie Bingle and Myra Palinski
- In memory of Shannon R. (Wimer) Hunston of Al and Diane Morini
- In memory of Freda M. Newton of Dr. Douglas Lockawich and the staff
- In memory of Samuel Teolis by Vinnie Minteer, Jo Ann and Michael Smith, Gregory and Juliana Thetford