Craig Morgan increases his God, Family, Country album in November, expanding the project’s track listing with four songs. One of them, “How You Make a Man”, is Morgan’s current country radio single.
Other new songs on the deluxe version of the project are “Ask Him”, “Sounds Like Home” and “I May Drink a Little”, the latter two being co-written by the singer. He also co-produced the four new tracks with Phil O’Donnell. O’Donnell worked on most of the album with Morgan, although Morgan produced the solo “The Father, My Son and the Holy Ghost” and “Going Out Like This”.
When he first released “How You Make a Man” – which is the only one of four new tracks on the deluxe version of God, Family, Country what fans have heard so far – Morgan said he knew it was special the first time he heard it.
“I just, immediately – the very first listen – called [O’Donnell]”, Morgan shared at the time. “I hadn’t even finished the song. I called him and I was like, ‘Let them know I’m cutting.'”
He goes on to say that the song suited him perfectly and captured the perfect energy he was hoping to find to lead his next musical chapter.
“I have two prerequisites when I sing and write. First, I have to be able to sing and make it believable. And second, it has to be something that the radio could play. That doesn’t mean that ‘They will, and I respect that…I think it’s important to do those two things, and when you do it, you don’t give anybody a choice,” he said.
The deluxe version of God, Family, Country should arrive on November 11.
God, Family, Country (Deluxe Edition) tracklist by Craig Morgan:
1. “The Father, my Son and the Holy Spirit” (Craig Morgan)
2. “Soldier” (Gavin DeGraw)
3. “Going Out Like This” (Craig Morgan, Michael Rogers, Korey Hunt, Sam Banks)
4. “Whiskey” (Anthony Smith, Sarah Beth Terry)
5. “Sippin’ on The Simple Life” (Craig Morgan, Michael Rogers, Justin Wright, Andrew Yacovone)
6. “God, Family and Country” (Craig Morgan, Craig Morris, Lance McDaniel)
7. “That’s What I Like About Sundays” (Adam Dorsey, Mark Narmore)
8. “My Kind of Woman” (Craig Morgan, Phil O’Donnell, Jason Sellers)
9. “Almost Home” (Craig Morgan, Kerry Kurt Phillips)
10. “Lotta Man (in That Little Boy)” (Craig Morgan, Phil O’Donnell, Tim Owens)
11. * “Sounds Like Home” (Craig Morgan, Wade Kirby, Styles Haury, Phil O’Donnell)
12. * “Ask Him” (Craig Morgan, Sam Banks, Wil Nance, Andy Austin)
13. *”How You Make A Man” (Megan Conner, Skip Black, Michael Walton)
14. * “I can drink a little” (Craig Morgan, Phil O’Donnell)
Tracks 1 and 3 produced by Craig Morgan
Tracks 2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14 produced by Craig Morgan and Phil O’Donnell
Track 9 Executive Produced by Blake Mevis
Track 6 Produced by Craig Morgan & D. Scott Miller
Track 8 Produced by Craig Morgan, Phil O’Donnell and Keith Stegall
Top 10 Country Songs of 2022 So Far, Ranked
50 Classic Country Artists Today’s Fans Should Know
Today’s country music stars owe a debt of gratitude to the legends who shaped and cultivated the genre, beginning in the early 20th century. These 50 classic country artists remain relevant today. Some developed a style that is emulated on country radio today. Others set a bar for vocal talent or songwriting skills.