On Veterans Day, take the time to honor veterans who have served our country and defended our freedom by attending one of the following events.
- The City of Orlando will host its 23rd edition Parade of veterans in the city’s downtown on Saturday, November 12 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The parade route begins at Robinson Street and Orange Avenue.
- A Veterans Day Parade will be held at palm bay Saturday. November 5. The parade begins at 9 am and will begin at City Hall and turn east (right) onto Malabar Rd. then turn south (right) onto Emerson Street.
- The Volusia County Veterans Day Parade will take place on Saturday, November 12 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. in downtown DeLand. The annual parade will feature veterans from all branches of service, as well as military vehicles, marching bands and patriotic floats down Woodland Blvd.
- Mount Dora Christian Academy will hold its annual Veterans Day celebration with a parade starting at 9:15 a.m. on November 11.
BLOCK PARTY AND OTHER FESTIVITIES:
- The Wet Spot and Blacktop Tribal Confederacy will present the first Vet Fest Block Party in downtown Sanford on November 12, starting at noon on Park Avenue between 1st and 2nd streets. The party will include a motorcycle show, vendors, live music and more, with proceeds going to the Central Florida Chapter of America’s Paralyzed Veterans.
- The First Church of Oviedo will host a Veterans Day luncheon honoring all who have served our country at noon Nov. 11. Guests are requested to pre-register online for the event. here.
- There will be a Tribute to veterans at the “Fountains of Service” in Oviedo on the grounds of Center Lake Park from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday, November 11. The location is at 299 Center Lake Lane Oviedo.
- The City of Winter Springs will celebrate our nation’s heroes with a ceremony featuring a presentation of the colors and the national anthem by the students of Winter Springs High School. It starts at 6 p.m. Click here for more details.