Easy and fun piano songs to play
Easy and fun piano songs to play
Every pianist needs a few easy piano songs in their repertoire. These are the songs you put out when you’re at a party and someone asks you, “Can I hear you playing? Or maybe you’ve just been asked to provide the offertory for tomorrow’s church service. Maybe it’s grandma’s birthday and she wants to hear a song. Whatever the reason, a fun, easy song is in order.
Pop and rock music
Want to look cool while you play the piano? You have come to the right place. Playing the latest pop track or a classic rock song will give you your hipster credentials. Some great choices in this category include:
- Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen
- “Piano Man” by Billy Joel
- Taylor Swift’s “Happiness”
- Submarines by The Lumineers
- “I Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Elvis Presley
- “Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles
New songs are always added to sheet music collections, so be sure to check back often for the latest additions.
Film and television music
It’s always fun to play themes from your favorite movies and TV shows. This music evokes all the excitement and emotions you felt when you first watched the movie or show. As this music is usually composed for an orchestra, finding a good, easy arrangement for a song on the piano is essential to playing it well. Look for all hit titles, such as:
- “Hedwig’s Theme” from Harry Potter at the Sorcerer’s Stone
- “The main theme” of star wars
- “Theme of jurassic park”
- “Linus and Lucia (The peanuts Theme)” by Vince Guaraldi
You can also play movie songs along with tracks like “Moon River” from Breakfast at Tiffany’s and “We don’t talk about Bruno” from Encanto.
Most classical composers have written for advanced pianists. There are a few collections, such as Anna Magdalena Bach’s Notebook and Kabalesky’s “Children’s Pieces”, which were written for beginners in piano practice. However, most of the repertoire is by far difficult.
Don’t let that deter you from playing some of the most beautiful piano songs ever written. With easy piano song arrangements you can now learn some of the great classic songs. As your skills mature, you can upgrade to full unedited versions. Try the following songs:
- “Moonlight Sonata” by Ludwig Van Beethoven
- “Jupiter of the Planets” by Gustav Holst
- Moonlight by Claude Debussy
- Hail Mary by Franz Schubert
- “Jesus, the Joy of Man’s Desire” by Johann Sebastian Bach
Each of the above songs is a perfect selection for a more formal occasion. If you are asked to play for a wedding, funeral, launch ceremony or similar event, these easy piano songs will come in very handy.
These are the songs that get you through a tough day. These are also the songs you may be asked to play for worship services. Christian music has catchy tunes and uplifting lyrics that make it especially enjoyable to play. You can get the following songs in easy versions:
- “Were it Not for Grace” as recorded by Lanelle Harris
- The traditional anthem “The Old Rugged Cross”
- “It’s Incredible Grace” by Phil Wickham
- “Scars in Heaven” door Casting Crowns
With countless other tracks to choose from, you’re sure to find a song to lift your spirits and brighten your day.
Who doesn’t love Broadway music? You may have thought that the stage songs are too hard to play. While it’s true that musicians in the pit of any show must have fierce playing skills, there are plenty of easy piano song arrangements that are fun to play at home. You will recognize some of the most popular titles, such as:
- “It’s the hard life” Anne
- “Somewhere” from West Side Story
- “You’ll Never Walk Alone” Carousel
- “Edelweiss” from The sound of music
- “Dear Theodosia” from hamilton
- “Part of Your World” from The little Mermaid
Show tunes are a welcome addition to piano recitals, community concerts, and parties. With a few Broadway songs in your repertoire, you’ll be ready to perform on demand for a variety of occasions.
Build your library of easy piano pieces
Having a variety of musical genres in your tool belt will help you become a better pianist in no time. The best source for easy piano songs in any genre is Musicnotes. On this website, you can choose from hundreds of titles that are all expertly edited and ready to play. Purchasing, downloading and printing your music is quick and easy. You can also download it on a tablet. The world of beautiful piano music is at your fingertips.
Image credit: David Pisnoy on Unsplash