Deadly Shot in Dorchester + Taylor Festival Choir MLK Concert
Happy Monday, neighbors! Let all of you catch up to start today on an informed note.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Rather cloudy and cool. High: 55 Low: 35.
Here are the top 3 stories of today’s Charleston:
- North Charleston Police are currently investigating a fatal shooting on Dorchester Road. When police arrived at the scene early Saturday morning, they located a man with a gunshot wound; the man was pronounced dead after rescue measures were attempted. No arrests have yet been made and an investigation is underway. (WCBD News 2)
- Since its founding in 2001, Charleston’s own company Taylor Festival Choir has been recorded by its share of commercial labels and even considered for a Grammy in several categories. In honor of Martin Luther King Jr., the choir will perform its Reaching the Light show on January 16 at the Second Presbyterian Church in the city center. Tickets for the concert can be purchased in line. (Charleston City Paper)
- A 15-year-old boy suffered a non-life-threatening injury in a shooting at the Palmilla Parkside Apartments. Police officers in Charleston were also investigating a reported outdoor fire at the same compound around the same time as the shooting. The investigation is ongoing; anyone with information is urged to contact the Central Detective on Duty or Crime Stoppers of the Lowcountry. (Live 5 News WCSC)
From our sponsor:
today Charleston Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Make the right choice for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
Today in Charleston:
- Planning Commission – City of North Charleston (6:00 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Charleston County is seeking public comment on three options for its county redistribution maps. Map options can be found both online and digitally at all county libraries. (Live 5 News WCSC)
- A local teen which was last seen on Tuesday January 4th has been reported missing. (Facebook)
- In force today, all Harris Teeter Stores will close early until further notice to increase restocking and cleaning efforts. (WCBD News 2)
More from our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Do you like the Charleston Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
Okay, you’re all caught up for today. See you soon!
– Nicole fallon-peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a graduate journalist and writer in Media, Culture and Communication from New York University. She has been a freelance journalist, editor, editor and editorial director for various B2B media. She is currently the co-owner and operator of the content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.